Thursday, November 04, 2004

for the love of the game.....

stats keeps me up....so I decided to post...since next week calls for some major nerdification =)

As most of you already know, the Duck Tape season came to a close this evening. I have to say I have never had so much fun playing football before. This season shined a whole new perspective on my views of the sport I once found too violent and dangerous. I can't say that view has changed much....just because too many people were injured this season (for there is no safe sport). Shawn was a great manager, he always made me feel like I knew what I was doing...even when I might not have. Defense...was awesome....nearly an unpenetrable line for the season. I've enjoyed getting to meet so many new faces and fellowshiping with new people through this footballin experience. I'm definitely glad that coed flag football was so eventful for me my frosh year at the U....which wouldn't have been made possible without Duck Tape...a blessing for sure. I don't know who paid for me to be on an IM team....in fact I wasn't completely sure if I'd been signed up....whoever you are thanks a bunch...but dont come asking for your $8 =)

I know I should be sad, and while I am, I'm also incredibly happy and thankful. I'm sad because we lost by a single poopy little point...and a lucky touchdown. However, I'm SO thankful that NO ONE got hurt this game. All throughout the game I kept repeating the same prayer, that everyone would leave the field unscathed. Praise the Lord.

Now I am tired...and SOOOO excited that it's 43 degrees outside ...wooohooo.


No comments:

Post a Comment