Monday, June 28, 2004

Ryan....

The best part about my job is when I go into my office and I see a bunch of 3 year olds and ms. Lorna playing Barney games on my computer. They all giggle and Ms. Lorna laughs and says,"oh no we got caught!" Then all the little ones start saying hi to me as if they think they've done something wrong and think they can weasle their way outta this one (playing on my computer) using their cuteness...of course it works. It's incredible how beautiful God made children. Just take when they sing the Barney theme song for example. All of these 3 year olds gathered around Ms. Lorna in a small hugging circle on that "and a great big hug" part and then all 7 of them face each other ready to give another kid a huge, juicy smacker on the lips at the "and a kiss from me to you" part. If Ms. Lorna had not stopped them, much germs would have been sloshed that day.
I think one of the greatest lessons I have yet to learn is having child-like faith. A child with the holy spirit seems so certain of what they request of God and so certain that He has heard. Although their hearts are small, the God living in it is as big as the One living in you and I.
I'm really glad the gym is finally finished. It was getting rather quiet and lonely in phase one with just mr. Frank, the TOL staff, and I. Now that the children are back, I receive many heart-warming waves and enthusiastic smiles. Those would be just a few reasons why I love serving the Lord through loving His children.
There is so much to learn from a child...despite the simple lives they lead.


"Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 18:4



No comments:

Post a Comment