Saturday, June 05, 2004

dead beat.....

So it's 5:35pm here in HK, so that means it's 4:35am back home. Whenever I pull all-nighters, I start getting extremely hungry around 4am and all the muscles in my body begin to shut down. Although it is still light out, my biological clock is telling my body that I am very tired...but the jetlag shall be fought!

Yesterday, I went to chill with my grandparents and I got to play with my little cousin Ivan. I must say that he is the most intellegent, flattering, polite, and talkative little 3 yr old I know. To say the least, he's really cute and I can see him growing up to be quite a lady's man. Playing with little kids can definitely be very physically draining. I slept quite well last night. In fact, I don't even remember falling asleep.

The weather here is really nice today. I can feel a nice breeze coming through the window. It's shady outside and hardly humid. In the course of 2 days I've seen pretty much my entire family. Everytime I come back, we have these huge family reunions, it's very crazy. It never ceases to amaze me at how blunt my relatives, as well as many chinese people (women especially), are.

One thing I've noticed about people here is that everyone carries a bag; whether they're a guy or a girl. I think it makes perfect sense for a guy to carry a bag all the time, cuz it seems like most of the time guys tend to be the ones that lose their wallet or keys the most, while girls are usually the ones who are able to find everything.

anyhoo that's enough for today, i'm terribly tired and I think I'm ready to fall asleep! Ooohh yay another uncle just walked through the door! pray for my sister, she's had a fever for a few days now and she has jetlag pretty bad. I miss you all back at home and hopefully when I return I'll still be able to speak english! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment