Monday, June 07, 2004

washing the clouds away...

Oddly enough, I managed to pack everything but a belt into my suitcase. So the first thing I did when I went shopping with my dad today was to buy a belt. It's exciting to be able to buy something you need and not worry about the cost. Afterall the belt I bought today was only $1.25 US dollars. Ohh..and another thing that got me really excited was bargaining and buying 3 shirts for $3.75...not each, but for three shirts. I also managed to snag a nice $3 case for my digital camera. Anyhow..enough of my happy shopping stories.

Last night I went to eat dinner with my aunt and uncle and they took me to this Japanese place called Osaka. I must say I haven't felt that full since the last time I went to a buffet back in middle school. My aunt is this extremely thin lady who can eat an entire elephant every meal and still have room for dessert, so she took me to this really good steamed egg place after we ate a heafty japanes food meal.
Although I've realized it before, I eat a lot of really weird food. It doesn't really bother me to eat cow stomach or pig ears or whatever weird food comes my way. (i must say that I would never eat a domestic pet... dog or cat ...something like that) And my family really likes to eat really weird food. It gets to the point where I dont really ask what I'm eating. I'm happy as long as the food won't kill me and it tastes good. That sorta reminds me of a week ago when i was signing up for camp, I needed my dad's signature on the camp form. Before my dad signed the form, he looked at me sternly and told me that he would sign my camp form if and only if I promised not to eat anything gross and weird at camp because he heard about John and Niki eating grasshoppers last year at camp. Being a biology major, my dad is naturally sensitive to eating weird organisms and acquiring strange sicknesses. So for those of you going to camp...if you see that I'm tempted to eat weird bugs and whatnot, stop me so I dont have to disobey my father.

well my mom's calling me to go shopping with her... yay for good walking shoes. gosh I'm extremely craving some jogging...maybe I"ll go run on this track they have near where I'm staying at tomorrow =) man i love places that are quite humid but dont believe in air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment