Monday, July 05, 2004

no turning back no turning back.....

I think I owe it to the devoted to finally update my blog after neglecting it for a week or so.

God was definitely awesome this past week at camp. It's incredible how every year camp is a little different and God speaks to my heart in new and exciting ways. Looking back at the past few years of camp, God has really continued molding me into the person he wants me to be.

The days leading into camp I was in the process of reviving a seemingly stagnant relationship with the Father. Through quiet times, prayer, and worship, I was reminded of how much God values each of us and the precious little time we often spend with Him. As I shared at camp, the whole camp experience reminded me of Mary and Martha...how Mary was at the feet of Jesus during the remaining days of His life... while Martha was busy. Martha is like how I feel when I'm at home...although I may be in the presence of God...I'm often distracted and my priorities are out of line. However, camp gave me the desires of Mary...to be at the feet of Jesus.
I praise God everytime He reveals a part of the path He has paved for me...and I live expectantly everytime I'm in His presence because I believe with all my heart that He will show all of us something great and might when we stand before him as a wretch. Just like the last night of camp. There was definitely some kind of spiritual struggle the first couple days of camp; and when the spirit hadn't hit many of our hearts in worship I know the Lord had yet to do something spectacular. Lo and behold... the Lord once again lived up to His name. His spirit rescued a soul from death and revived a sense of growth that was lost in many. He created bonds in relationships to be forever cheerished (for "friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them" MWS). What we expect of God will always be shot down by the miracle He performs.
The character of God is awe-inspiring and dance worthy. Isn't He something worth sharing to the world...isn't He the sound of a beat we all want to dance to? I encourage you all to live your life so that others will hear the beat of Jesus resounding in you...that they will desire the kinda music that cannot be kept quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment