Monday, May 17, 2004

There's a million people out there, but it all comes down to one....

It's been a while since I've updated, but after being a blogger-er for quite some time, I can honestly say I am still not obsessive about posting...and there are no feelings of inadequacy if I do not update daily.

I was driving to B&N today to return an AP book which I didn't touch. Today was the 31st day that I had purchased the book, and they only accept returns until the 30th, so I was quite disappointed that my memory had once again failed me...so I would not be refunded my $18.50. However, I am glad to say that the guy was nice, and he gave me money back, no questions asked. I must say that one of the worst habits I've subconciously rededicated my life to is procrastination. By delaying things, I end up tiring myself out by worring about the dumbest things. In the past, I've never had to worry or stress out about school, medical forms, or book returns. I've also realized that I'm not as punctual as I use to be. I'm almost always late to appointments and that's just horrible. Those are two things I've immediately taken action to improve. In fact, I've already begun to see positive results...so I'm happy.

Flipping through some tv channels tonight, I came across that show The Swan. It's really sad how inadequate and discontent those women feel. So many of them suffer from childhood ridicule about the way they look. Too many of them don't want to show their faces in public because one too many bully high school boys told them their nose was too big, or simply that they just weren't pretty. I find it terribly sad that there are women out there that can be so unhappy with their God given looks that they're willing to suffer three months of intense pain resulting from plastic surgery just to gain the approval of society and attain a sense of self-worth. It's a devastating lie when people say "sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me." The truth is, broken bones will heal, but internal scars take a while...maybe as long as a lifetime. Bottom line, be wise and discerning about what you say...because more likely than not, people take it personally.

I've also noticed how some people tend to become more expressive through blogs. There's this inclination for people to share so much about how they feel, what they're going through, what they want...etc...etc...through writing. I agree that it's easier to express myself through writing, but I dont think that a blog is a good place for people to "get to know you better" if that's the excuse for blogging. You miss SO much of a person by just reading what they're writing versus hearing their voice or seeing them in person. I just feel that when you want people to get to know you, or you want to get to know someone better, it's always worth it to invest the time.

I could rant on forever....but I wont =P Hum...so i guess this was just one of my sudden outbursts of bloggage. Well, I hope you have a wonderful week...and hopefully school will not get you down. The end is nearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment