Sunday, May 23, 2004

and the reason is You....

I woke up at 12 this morning and it felt great. I like the smell of the morning and the comfort of my blanket when my room is nice and cool. I realized that over the years I’ve come to appreciate the simple joys in life—like nature. I drove around a lot today and I got to see the green trees, fluffy clouds, and a pink and purple sunset. Everything around me was so beautiful and it almost felt as if I’d been swept off my feet. I remember sitting on a bench yesterday at Oyster creek and praising God for how wonderful He is for giving us all these magnificent things to look at. I was walking through a parking lot the other day and feeling sad that if I went blind one day, I would be devastated. Then I thought about people who had never had sight their entire lives and how everyday for them would be just as beautiful. It’s funny how when I was younger, crushing boys gave me butterflies; and now watching a cow chew grass has the same effect on me. One reason I don’t like to drive is not being able to gaze at God’s glorious creation. I guess I could, but then the world would not be very safe for those people who happen to drive by me the instant I’ve been mesmerized by a cow. If you haven’t gotten me a graduation gift yet, just give me a ride in your car down Oilfield on a sunny, blue-skied day, so that I can enjoy the peaceful African safari-like landscape and grass- grinding mouths of cows. God’s a crazy creative being.

So my blog just got entirely deleted and I had to re-write what I had just written. Unfortunately, my memory has become terribly bad over the course of the year and I was unable to remember a large jist of it. So I wrote what my brain could compile. Never using spell check on blogger again. And apparently, my computer is dying… for real. Thank goodness leaving for college gives my dad an excuse to get me a new computer. So tonight I had potluck dinner with my parent’s fellowship, and I got to see Emily and Stella. They basically gave me college survival 101. It was nice talking to them and shopping with them. Dang…that’ll be some of us next year.

So I went all over town today trying to find these very trivial items. I felt very lucky because I was able to find enough of them that were cool enough to purchase. My day is complete, and I think I’m tired enough to close for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment