Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Romance and Roses.....


soO...my year is finished. sorta.

Prom was the party. Although it really didnt sound like one. The music was a little nersplatishy but that didnt prevent any roof raising from happening cuz there was a quibishsquish of that too. And someone was sure smiling down on us when we looked up and saw the clear skies.
So in memory of prom, I shall proceed to tell the events of that day. (bear with me I'm feeling a long long entry coming on...) I got up saturday during the wee 8 o'clock hours of the morning and began cleaning my room. I spent about 2 hours looking for my constantly risking absurdity timed writing, turning my entire house upside down, but I was unable to find it. Sometime between 10/10:30 Fred stopped by my house for money to pick up the corsages and boutonnieres. Later, Jerms called to tell of some trivial mishaps that were later resolved and the day continued. I had every intention of studying for chem when suddenly my doorbell rang and the girls began to show up. That was when the party really got started. There was some hair do-ing, face make-uping and last minute stuff purchasing. Due to some miscommunication...the gentlemen began showing up at my place at around 5:30. I remember hearing Viv's mom yell "the boys are here" and at that moment i realized I was still in jeans and shirt. After several tens of minutes of mad dashing, all was well and then it was time for the infamous, lets-walk-down-the-stairs performance. Upstairs...the ladies were an absolute breath-taking sight...you know that feeling you get when the sunset it pink and purple, and all these other pretty colors...and it just blows your socks off? Well, watching the girls go down the stairs was sorta like that cuz they were so ridiculously good looking. Below the stairs awaiting us was a long string of handsome young men looking as if they'd walked out of an issue of GQ magazine to take us to prom. After the initial shock of realizing it was the senior guys under that shell they call tux, we proceeded to exhange flowers. Once that task had been tackled, the mom's decided it was time to get super camera happy...and the plans of being on schedule were shot. So when the hours of picture taking had passed...we loitered. When we had enough of loitering....we took some more pictures at Sophia's house...followed by an entourage of camera happy parents. And when our jaws were all smiled out...and the clock was ticking and the time of our reservations was nearing...the gang loaded up in their respective cars and cruised on down to La Strada.
La Strada had some nice bathrooms. Sofas, soft seat cushions...the works! Personally, I thought the food looked really pretty...and I thought my dish tasted better than it looked and sounded. Jalepeno Fettuccine doesnt sound that appealing but it was pretty darn tasty. When we were stuffed to the max, it was time to head over to the Adam's Marks....but not before we took some pictures with a lamppost and bench.
Finally arriving at the hotel, we ran into a huge crowd of ridiculously gorgeous looking people. Once again I felt like I was looking into a pink and purple sunset...so after taking pictures with almost all of the beautiful people at the entrance....we all advanced through a weird canopy thing into the main hall. It was REALLy cold....but the dance floor was stuffy and crowded. We danced a little... we pranced a little and we even drank some water. After the dance, the party was not yet over and we went to get some pie at the House of Pies. Dutch apple pie ala mode tastes like what a pink and purple sunset set would if you could eat it. Before we had to pay the $2.50 sitting fee the gang rounded up and went over to Sophia's house for some pooling, smashing, guitaring, singing, and sequencing.

And when I was all danced out, all smiled out, all eaten out, all laughed out, and all tired out....I was left with a black and purple dress, a dying "peach" corsage, a pair of pencil thin heeled shoes, and a GQ Bruce to thank for a pink and purple sunset memory of my senior prom.




No comments:

Post a Comment