Sunday, July 27, 2003

like a rainbow after a storm.......

decided to update before i go take a nap. herm.. so wut does this week come down to? my last week of summer before camp and then after camp...dun dun dun..... school. This summer started out all calm and slow. But then after returning from atlanta BAM the chaos and speediness hits. *sigh* i'm still ambiguous about my feelings of senior year. Sure, i'm excited....but at the same time i dont want it to start. Senior year definitely has a big rep to fill after an unusually unusal junior year. I think that throughout this summer, i've let the thought process. In 3 weeks i am going to be a senior. I do believe that the junior girls are in the process of becoming... if not already reached.... the senior girl status. A few nights ago i was laying in bed thinking, which is quite odd cuz it usually takes me 1 minute to fall asleep. anyhow, i was just having a case of nostalgia and thinking back on the past 17 years of my life when all these shocking thoughts hit me. This time next year, where will i be? what will i be doing? 4 months from now, i'm going to be 18. And next spring i'm gonna kno where i'll be spending the next several years. In a nutshell i was just dumbfounded. I dont really know why... but i just was. It was so much for me to take in that i just fell asleep soon afterwards. But as usual, i woke up feeling ok and knowing i'm in good hands, but in need of a good toothbrushing. so yea... im gonna be a senior whether i like it or not.

My baby soon to be 7 yr old sis had a bday party yesterday and lots of little kids and adults came over. I finally got to see my sister swim, since she learned how when i was in atlanta. I also got to help my mom prep for the bbq, which was kewl....cuz i actually had the urge to volunteer to help her. Then we had fellowship and there was a great message about true worship. During the entire message this thought kept coming back to my head. During the past week in vbs i'd taught the kids that worship meant: showing God how much you love him. And i just kept thinking about that as Sammi spoke. Then when i was taking Stephanie and Michelle back to my house we were peacefully cruising down Oilfield when i see a family of 3 racoons on the road and then a thud from under my car then a dead racoon in front of my car. It was a nightmare. I was on the verge of hyperventilation....just ask mich. So now i know what it's like to run over an animal. well... at least i think i ran over it cuz of the thud. and i couldnt avoid them either, cuz there was a car driving by on the other side of me as i spotted the racoons on the other side of me. and it only made things worse to know that someone else had previously ran over a racoon, possibly from that same family, just before i ran over the racoon mom, dad or kid.*sigh*

arite nap time.


No comments:

Post a Comment