Saturday, June 04, 2005

what makes it real.......

seattle was a great trip. It was a much delayed visit. The girls I went to visit have taught me many lessons on life. They challenge me in my faith and share with me things that are difficult to listen to as well as encouraged me to follow God more deeply and that's why I cheerish their friendship. This time around, they've reminded me that I shouldn't just take my faith as it is, and to question the reasons why I believe what I do. The faith that I have makes so much sense to me. But when you really think about it, being Christian is one of the most illogical things you can commit your life to. You believe in a God you cannot see and go against the principles the world feeds you. Why does being a Christian make so much sense to those who believe in Jesus as their savior?

My girls have also taught me to value prayer on a deeper level. Talking to them I've realized that communicating with God has brought me through the ups and downs of life. Sometimes there are too many things consuming my life that it is in prayer that I can find rest. I know God listens and that's why I pray. I also believe that prayer is that link that connects my friends and I together when we've been far apart for so many years. Despite our distance we've kept in touch and been involved in each others lives. With God as our center, our friendship has withstood the test of time. Friendships are truly a blessing from God. Without them how lonely would we feel? As I've shared with many people, some friends are in our lives for a reason, to serve a good purpose, to teach us a lesson in our lives. Other friends come into our lives for a season to show us something at a particular period in our lives. And there are those friends who come into your life to remain and bless you for a lifetime, continually teaching you something about yourself, about your faith, about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment