Wednesday, June 15, 2005

under my skin.....

everyday is an adventure at work. I always have some story to share about the kids. Today, I was supervising nap time and this one kid kept passing gas and the kids that were awake giggled. Yesterday, a little girl ate my hair tie. *sigh* the life of a kid. I like seeing how excited they get when they see their mommy or daddy arriving to pick them up. Sometimes I feel that way when I come home from Austin. My folks don't always welcome me home with a hug or kiss but there's some kind of safety and joy that comes with going home to the parents and they always seem very excited. Sometimes when I see the kids getting picked up, it's almost a glimpse of when our Father in heaven welcomes us to our eternal home.

I like how God gave us parents to parallel that relationship we have with him. I think sometimes our relationship with our parents reflects how we pursue and view God. It's been said, but I really take my parents for granted. I fail to recognize what they put up with and what they do for me. It's a humbling, shameful kind of feeling. My dad gets the worse sides of me sometimes and yet he forgives me. As I've grown older, I've learned to apologize for the ways I wrong my parents because I can't imagine how much it hurts when your child acts negatively towards you after you've given them so much. Being a parent is surely not an easy task. I am thankful beyond words for mine.

man that new BSB cd sounds like hott stuff...one day I'll get my hands on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment