Sunday, June 19, 2005

smile like you can't hide it.....

highlights of my weekend:
-played chinese checkers with izzy
-played pick up sticks with izzy
-played badminton in the house with izzy...then later realized we were making black marks on the wall and we migrated outdoors to our very wet backyard. Then we got distracted and started playing on the swing set.
-watched Mulan and ate a bag of popcorn with izzy.
-my dad cooked lobster on saturday for our pre-father's day celebration.
-gave dad a really super awesome shirt for father's day which he scouted at church on Sunday
-family/friends dinner, quality fellowshipping and great food.
-got to see Mary, Jessica and Alex...yay for visitors =)

I'm patient right? I like to tell myself that. Until I realize how much patience it takes to play with little kids. Sure, at work I get paid to play with kids and when I'm not tired, I enjoy that sort of thing. But when I'm on the brink of exhaustion, after work, and my sister begs me to watch a movie with her, play the piano with her, sing songs with her, or play something... it takes a lot of love to get my butt off the couch. How do our mommies and daddies do it? Our days here on Earth are short and the time we have to learn to love is limited. When it comes to people you like, of course it's easy to be nice, patient and kind to them. However, when it comes to people you love closet to your heart (like family for example) the love is a little more difficult to come by. But as I grow up, I'm learning the importance of loving as the Lord loves. You hear about the reasons why we're so thankful for our moms and dads, they do this this and that that for us.... why can't we give reason for our parents to be thankful for us?

teaching SLG was great today. Last week was my first week teaching and I can't say it went perfectly. It was challenging and who would have thought that 6th grade girls could have such major ADD? But the girls are adorable and lovable but I definitely need God's wisdom and patience with them. The lesson was on peace and it spoke loudly in my life. As I taught the girls I knew that what I shared with them was real to me and I hoped that it would be real for them. I'm passionate about the peace that God gives and somehow that led the girls to be better listeners (though I must say the candy helped). It's cool the things you discover for yourself when you're placed in the position to teach others. This weeks important points were

God's peace gives...
rest
comfort
strength
confidence

got peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment