Thursday, July 15, 2004

it's not all sticks and stones...

Finally home from a long orientation. I took a splendid nap this afternoon on the couch and it was great. I have a gut feeling I'm gonna miss my house a lot...not to mention my family =P
Going to orientation was a pretty good overall experience. It wasn't so much the walking around and registering for classes that made it so awesome, but rather being able to chill with people I don't normally get to. I realized I love to talk...it's a pretty new thing for me cuz I use to not be that way at all. Not only do I like to talk, but I love listening to people talk about all sorts of things. There are so many interestingly cool people out there and sometimes, if you're lucky, it only takes a "hi" "hello" to get to know a few and keep them.
Although many people might see moving every 5 to 6 years a depressing, heart-wrenching, devastating, wicked thing...but I truly thank God for moving me halfway around the world to 6 different cities. Moving around so much has been a blessing. In many ways I look foward to getting out of my comfort zone, despite the fears I still experience. I remembered what Annie said in sunday school about eating by yourself. After one of my wing meetings everyone had already eaten, so I ventured to get lunch by myself. People have very interesting conversations a lunch I must say. Don't tell me that you've never eavesdropped on someones convo when you're eating by yourself. However, I am not a huge nosey butt and at the same time I was a tad too excited about the fact that jcl serves rasberry ice tea! Althought I got sick after every meal...at least they have the tea =) Anyhow, the moral of my story...getting out of your comfort zone is weird and good. It's kind of like awkward silences in conversations, one must learn to feel more comfortable with those moments.

OH OH and I have a praise report. PTL that I got all the classes I wanted and NO 8am classes. In fact, I couldn't keep my eyes off my schedule after it was set because I don't have any classes before 12pm... except on thursday when I have class at 11a.m... so that's something I truly did not expect. getting to registration 50 minutes early really pays of, but most of all never doubt the P.O.P (power of prayer...answered prayers are like popcorn...they sorta pop when you least expect it.) Everything has been mighty surreal these past few days and boy is it good to be home. Sometimes (a lot of times) I get this feeling that I am SO undeserving of what God has given me (which is true...I dont deserve any of it.). It's such an awesome reminder that we dont live for the moment, we live with the end in mind. Knowing that all the trials are for a greater glory and purpose for one who wants to give us those rewards we really don't deserve.


No comments:

Post a Comment