Monday, October 24, 2005

not that i have just come to this realization but my parents are the best people i know. when is the point that one realizes that your parents know a thing or two...and perhaps they're always right about stuff? I still remember when I was younger, I use to get into petty arguments with my parents and the most common phrase I said was, "you don't understand." Throughout the past 19 years of my life I've learned that that may not be the best way to communicate with the parents. so now that both parties have had the time to hone such communication skills, civilized conversing causes me to conclude that my parents are the people that understand me the most. In the past that whole "you dont understand" lie was probably the result of my parents speaking some truth that I didn't want to listen to.

my mom always likes to tell me that it's a sign of maturity when your home life coincides with your life elsewhere. i believe that the real you is who you are when you're with your family. it's ironic cuz sometimes even with God, I know I'm not completely honest....and seriously, what doesnt he know about me?

I dont really know why these thoughts randomly spilled from the pits of my brains. I guess every now and then I entertain the question, "why am I who I am today?" And my parents have a lot to do with that. Not to mention, I'm just really happy about the way my relationship with my parents are now...compared to how it use to be during my dark ages =P my parents and i can now joke about my stupidity as a youngster as well as being able to talk about the more meaningful things in life.

a while back I was talking to my folks and i told them that i thought that they had changed. My mom's reply to that was "ophe we're too old to change, you're the one that's changed." I guess that makes sense. the next time i get older...i'll be increasing by 1/19th of my age....while my parents on their next birthdays will be increasing by only a mere 1/40ish of their age. the change for me is HUGE...the change for them...not so much. it's all simple arithmetic =)

the point of this entry? who knows. maybe I miss the idea of waking up in my own bed, in my own room, in my own house...to the sound of the Messiah playing and my mom singing at the top of her lungs while she's mopping the floor, my dad's mowing the lawn, and my sister's watching Kim Possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment