Friday, October 28, 2005

is there a spell to stop the tears....

It's just one of those weeks. Three words to describe it: cold, tired, malnurished. It's weird cuz although the tests concluded yesterday there's still this unsettling feeling lingering in the pits of my stomach... being malnurished definitely has something to do with it. it's funny cuz ever since i started taking nutrition, I notice what foods I eat and everytime i eat some random fact from class pops up in my head. it's actually rather exciting realizing that I'm learning! So this whole concept of not getting enough nutrients came about after I did this project for nutrition where we had to record the eatings of our day. It's actually rather hard to get enough fruit and veggies in the diet...especially when it comes to getting on the go food. I stopped at jester market to get a hamburger and I think it's the saddest thing that they dont even have a pickle in it. The whole burger consisted of a gigantic patty, the bun and a slab of cheese. Even chick fil a has a pickle! Is a pickle too much to ask for?

Despite the nature of this week, there were a few highlights. My small group was definitely one of them. When we went out for dinner last Sunday they joked around about stealing marshmallows from j2 and drinking hot chocolate at our next small group. With that in mind, I went out and got some hot chocolate and marshmallows and one of my gals actually snagged some j2 marshmallows =) but i gotta say...nothing beats hill country brand marshmallows...please help me eat the leftover ones I have. we spent the night drinking cocoa and talking about goofy stuff as well as the more important things in life. my small group never ceases to surprise me with their insight and everytime I talk to them...i learn something new about them or i'm otherwise enlightened. good times.

I guess another highlight would be watching Bewitched yesterday. For some very odd reason, I thoroughly enjoyed that movie.... Maybe it was just my mood but I really thought it was funny. I usually don't like Will Ferrell but for once I felt that his humor was clean enough to be genuinely entertaining. There's really not enough good humor to go around these days. And I never realized what a good actress Nicole Kidman is. good movie...although I know many would beg to differ.

when i think of winter, i think of cold toliet seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment