Monday, September 12, 2005

i'm not a quaker....

i've come to a sad realization. I've realized that I cant make oatmeal. my roomie on the other hand can make a pretty mean oatmeal. so i wasn't all that hungry at lunch today and after doing a dietary analysis of what i eat, i realize i dont eat enough carbohydrates, so I was thinking to myself, "oatmeal is good!" so i followed the intructions: one cup water, 1/2 cup oats, microwave 2.5-3 minutes. when the 2.5-3 minutes was over...my oatmeal was still liquidy so i microwaved some more and then it exploded in the microwave. so i cleaned it up and started eating the oatmeal. when the bland taste of nothingness reached my tongue, I realized that I'd forgotten to add honey or Kathy's favorite splenda. usually Kathy only adds about half a pack of honey so logically, I do the same. the result? the bland taste was still there. Then I ended up adding another pack...and it still wasn't any better. Through this experience I've learned that making oatmeal is no easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment