Wednesday, September 21, 2005

heartache.........

I was down on Congress this past weekend and I think they were having a Mexican Independence march. It was really awesome seeing how happy people were yelling "viva mexico!" and throwing pins and holding up hook em fingers...really enjoying themselves. At the end of Congress next to the capital were a group of non-Mexican protestors holding up signs that said "go back to where you came from" "you don't belong here" "aliens" "criminals" and the list goes on. It really broke my heart to see that. I realize that such events happen daily in our nation but to actually witness it is pretty disappointing and disheartening.

That night I was reading through Romans and I came across:
"The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." romans 15: 2b
"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity." romans 15:5

I guess incidents like these explains why Pastor Ed said that culture and ethinicity is a curse. The color of our world is beautiful...but I have reason to believe that it breaks God's heart to see his children fight.

and then there are natural disasters. What a year. Both my mom and I were named hurricanes in the same year. Let's pray Rita isn't destructive.... it's strange how close to home all the Lousiana stuff is. It can happen to anyone. Please be praying for Houston....may Katrina not repeat itself. I do wonder that if a hurricane hit...would I really think to take my Bible as the only possession I need?

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment