Sunday, August 28, 2005

you know you're not a freshman when......

the boys across the hall are loud and you call them immature
you aren't as eager to try new things
you're very content with hermitting
you dont talk about yourself as much
you cant stay up past 12am and feel alive
the new acquaintances of last year are your good friends of this year.
and the list goes on......

so i'm back for round two of college. i must admit it's more than wonderful seeing the familiar faces of old that i've missed so much this summer. and i suppose i'm not as green with envy as I'd thought i would be when i look at the freshmen. i feel like an old grandmother thinking many "back when I was a freshmen" thoughts. bittersweet for sure. I've had my opportunity to enjoy the past, now it's time to venture into the future and maturity has nothing to do with it.



"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
-jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment