Wednesday, August 03, 2005

we went up to a 7000ft peak today. When my family and I got up to the top after a spectacular 25 minute gondola ride, the funniest thing happened....or maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" moments.
We saw this guy and his wife walking. They're both carrying these HUGE backpacks. The man turns to his wife and says

"honey, I should have brought water."

after my mom and I busted out laughing, my mom turns to me and wonders out loud...what he was carrying in that massive backpack of his. Maybe I should have asked him.

I must have taken at least a 150 pictures of the peak, which I will post when I return...since I failed to pack a usb cord. After we spent several hours up at the peak, we went down this neat slide rollercoaster sorta deal in the kiddy section of Whistler. The weather is great, but the sun really knows how to beat down on you, so when we were playing mini golf I burned my eyelids or something. It was fun...and I realize that golf, is not my sport.

for the past day, we've been eating very simply. In fact, this evening...my family ate a combination of chinese salad (bak choy with soy sauce) and red bean patty desserts.

In a nutshell, life in the mountains is rather exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment