Saturday, October 16, 2004

season of the seasonal rut.....

have you ever felt that everything in your life was a complete scramble and it just seemed to be going perfectly opposite of perfect...leaving you hopeless, helpless, and depressed....feeling as if your world had been turned upside down and all of life as you knew it was at rock bottom?

At times, I feel like I have it bad. However, I truly believe that it's all in perspective. What about that child that's been molested? What about that family sufferining a loss? What about that little girl sold into prostitution? And what about the man who just found out he has terminal cancer? If you think about it that way, most of us have it pretty well off. What in our life is so bad that we just want to fall on our faces and slump our butts into depression? Just a thought....why did Jesus come to Earth again? He came to DIE so that we could have the most ABUNDANT life possible. Could you imagine waking up each morning knowing that your ultimate purpose on Earth was to die for every living soul past, present, and future? I mean, if that was my purpose in life wouldn't I feel like I have a big problem (then again I'm not Jesus). I'm curious, why aren't we living abundantly?

I think part of it has to do with our selfishness. Humanly speaking, none of us like it when things just don't go our way. We are very me-oriented people. It's so easy to make life self-centered versus God-centered. When God is the center of our everything, the soul purpose for which we live, all depression slowly fades away. Every trial and every joy is meant to bring abundance to our lives. Abundance is found in wisdom through circumstance, discovering God's character through experiences...which means living purposefully and noticing the little puzzle pieces that God places in our sight. Selfishness is such a small world.

There's so much in my life right now that makes me feel like it's growing in abundance. Not everyone has the opportunity of a college education, a loving family to run home to, authentic relationships that are a source of accountability, and physical health to be able to enjoy running and jumping in the great outdoors. The realization of being blessed takes away from Satan's lie that I have it really bad when it's all just part of filling life with more abundance.

Like I said, our self-centered worlds are so small....and facing the hard times are just a part of the character, faith building aspect of the larger God-centered world we want to be living in. What we experience is always a source of drawing us closer to God and feeling more abundant in our daily living =)

Don't worry I'm not depressed... I've just been feeling like there's a lot of unecessary unhappiness out in the streets.


"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10


No comments:

Post a Comment