Tuesday, July 19, 2005

here on earth......

be careful what you wish for cuz...you just might get it. That has somehow come true this summer. Of course with what we ask of the Lord, we can also rest assure that he will never give us more than we can handle. Such is the reality that I've been faced with these past couple of weeks.

As for today, instead of watching the toddlers during nap time, I got to chill with the 1st graders. They can be quite the rowdy bunch but much easier to work with than the lil 2 yr old stinkers...and I mean that literally. During gym, we played basketball. Somehow the teams managed to be divided guys versus girls. Unfortunately this future basketball wonder of a gal was stuck with me, aka cant shoot if her life depended on it. It was the two of us against four minature NBA stars. The kids seemed to have their own rules for the game which I initially failed to understand. Later I realized that dribbling wasn't necessary. It was the first time that I've ever played basketball where traveling was permissible and prefered by everyone. I think I like it better that way. One thing's for sure, if the basketball game I played today reflected the ways of life...life without rules would surely be chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment