Wednesday, December 15, 2004

red fish blue fish one fish two fish.......

I finally watched eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. everyone has those events in their lives that they wish to erase. what if it was possible to take from your memory that person or those things that you wish to forget? initially thinking, it's logical to conclude that our lives would be better of if there really was an institute that could give you a clean slate from those memories. But instead would we, like Jim Carey in the movie, wish to keep the suddenly fading retrospections? Isn't it true that most of the time there are fond memories to counterbalance the painful ones? Why do we usually come out of the picture with only the painful ones that only time will heal? I thoroughly enjoyed that movie, you should go watch it if you have not =)

This past week was movie madness for my cousin and I. We also watched Cold Mountain. It's tedious in the middle (cousin started snoring), but worth staying awake for the end. In a nutshell, it's about a story of how love at first sight can change your life.... or make you risk it.... as well as how emotionally scaring war can be for everyone... and how sad it was that our great nation was once divided. Yet another movie I recommend watching....but then again...i like lots of movies.

Dodgeball was another story. It was somewhat funny, entertaining....but not my favorite movie. I must say that I would rather wisely invest my time watching David Zoolander than White Goodman anyday. I'm not sure if I'd recommend this movie...view at your own discretion...or if you just like that kind of humor....which i tend not to appreciate so much.

I'm still at a loss for words that my first semester as a big Fish is over. Not only do I not feel older (rather the opposite), but the fact that some of my childhood buds are graduating in less than a semester is wild. It's a strange thought that the little kids I use to play handball with outside my garage door is going to grad school. Not to mention my cousin is graduating soon too. Tonight, we were looking through old childhood pictures and we found one of when she was five and i was three....shoot we look exactly the same, just the proportions are little blown up now. Is time suppose to pass by more quickly when you're in college? I hear you seem to feel like you age more quickly too. Good thing this past semester has made me feel more youthful, I bet it's cuz Juice is sucha kid and it's rubbin off on me =P Besides that this semester has been great. Sure it's had it's ups and downs, but definitely life changing in a positive way. Reflecting on this past semester, I know one thing for sure....drawing close to God is your problem free philosophy =)

enjoy break and dont fret too much about the little things....there are bigger problems in the world besides yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment