Sunday, December 12, 2004

black knight........

soo i went to pick up my cousin today. And it was totally cool, cuz she looks the same as she did the last time I saw her (which was when I was 5 and she was 7). I find that with all my family members, no matter how long we haven't seen each other (or even if we've never seen each other before) we click pretty well, and it always seems like we've been friends for a long time. There's something about having blood relations that automatically allows you to be stupid and ridiculous with them. However, I think my cousin and I are about three times removed, but distantly related in some distant cousin kind of way.

Not that I take things as signs, but I thought something was strange today. In the course of about 6 to 7 hours, three different people, on three different occassions, said "good life". They either said, "we live a good life" "you live a good life" or "I live a good life". I didn't think that saying "good life" was so common. So then I thought about the concept of "good life." The more I think about it, the more "good" I feel like my life currently is. However, that is always a scary thought. Everytime things are going well in my life, I get hit by rocks (not literally, more in a metaphoric kind of sense). Things either start turning for the worse, or I come to some uncanny revelation about my life. Nevertheless, amidst all the problems, life is always still good. It's all in perspective. I have more than I could ever ask for or imagine. Good life.... what does that really mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment