Sunday, December 11, 2005

forever with you ever the same......

I was sitting in philosophy discussion this past friday listening about postmodernism when I received an answer to some questions I've been having lately. A while back I was talking to a friend about what it means to be a child of God. In a book that I've been reading the answer is that we make conscious decisions... but is that really it?

I was listening to our discussion on postmodernism when my TA told us that he doesnt believe in the existence of people due to his insane research for his disertation. By then our discussion was so out of hand it was rather overwhelming. At that point I realized that part of being a child of God is having a child like faith. Some of the most complicated situations are answered by the most simple things. In our minds we have so many convoluted questions and the answer is often yes, no or wait. I think it's the sins in our lives that makes the little problems in our lives such a big deal. When we come to terms with life issues...the answers are often found in one word or something simple...an answer that even a child could tell you.

we may become more intellegent as we age but that could also mean we grow further from being a child of God. So what they say was right...we did learn everything necessary for life when we were in kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment